At Ysgol Dinas Brân we pride ourselves on our community ethos and team spirit. As part of this, we ask all students to wear their uniform with pride.
Our students wear:
- Plain black school trousers or black knee length school skirt. Fashion trousers (with buckles and/or buttons), jeans, denim material trousers, leggings, extremely short and/or tight skirts/trousers are not acceptable.
- A school blazer with logo on lapel
- A plain white school shirt with buttons fastened to the neck.
- A school tie, worn to the neck with a minimum of 4 dragons on show.
- A black school jumper with logo (optional)
(no cardigans, hoodies or coloured jumpers should be worn in the school building).
- Sensible plain black leather shoes with no patterns/flashes or colour. Canvas shoes and boots are unacceptable.
- Make up if worn should be natural (no coloured eye make-up, eye liner or bright lipstick). Nail varnish should not be worn. If make up is too heavy or nail varnish is worn we will ask for it to be removed.
- Hair colour should be natural looking. No extreme hairstyles or hair colour will be permitted.
- The only jewellery that can be worn is a small stud in each ear and a wristwatch. No other jewellery items are acceptable. No ear expanders or any other piercing are allowed for health and safety reasons.
- A suitable waterproof outer coat for bad weather. Hats and outerwear should be removed inside the buildings.
- A strong, large school bag suitable for carrying heavy books is needed. Fashion handbags are not suitable.
- All students need to bring equipment daily (pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, calculator etc.)
- PE kit-black indoor top with logo, black shorts or jogging bottoms with logo, black and gold outdoor top with logo. Trainers and football boots. (PE kit is needed for all lessons, even in cases of non-participation, as students are expected to take on alternative roles as outlined in the PE National Curriculum.)
- Mobile phones must be switched off and in the bottom of bags if brought into school.
Thank you for supporting our uniform code. More information can be found by reading the attached file: