One of the main aims of Ysgol Dinas Brân is to involve parents in an active partnership. One way to strengthen this link is an agreement between the school and home.
Ysgol Dinas Brân will:
- Strive to maintain the highest standards of academic achievement and pastoral care.
- Set challenging work, appropriate to the ability of the individual child according to the demands of the National Curriculum, both in school and for homework.
- Assess work on a regular basis.
- Report progress to parents on a regular basis.
- Involve parents in discussions about a child’s academic or pastoral welfare.
- Provide a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities.
Parents can help if they:
- Inform the school of any concerns regarding their child’s progress.
- Support the school by ensuring that standards of behaviour are maintained. Ysgol Dinas Brân students are expected to display good behaviour in the classroom, on their way to and from school, and to show respect towards the community and other students’ property.
- Ensure that their child wears Ysgol Dinas Brân School uniform, in accordance with the code in their planner.
- Ensure that their child brings all equipment and kit needed for school.
- Read, check and sign student planners (for Monday registration).
- Make sure that their child attends school regularly and inform the school of any absences.